We are please to announce the release of Apesuite for Firemonkey Beta 6. This release is our biggest yet with tons of new components and features and marks a major milestone in the progress of the Apesuite beta.
Here is what is new since Beta 5:
- TSmartGrid - A powerful spreadsheet style grid component with over 130 built-in excel-comparible functions, extendable function framework, borders, cell spans, alignment, fonts, inline editing and more.
- TBrushEditor - A tabbed panel editor for a TBrush object. Allows for changing Solid, Gradient and Bitmap brushes at runtime.
- TBrushEditorCombo - A version of the TBrushEditor that is shown as part of a combo box.
- TFillEditor - A simple TBrush panel editor that makes selecting colors very simple for the end user. Optionally the user can drill into a TBrushEditor to make more refined chagnes to the TBrush object.
- TFillEditorCombo - A version of the TFillEditor that is shown as part of a combo box.
- TFontComboBox - A combo box listing all available fonts for selection by the end user. The font text may optionally be rendered in the style of that font.
- TFontListBox - A list box listing all available fonts for selection by the end user. The font text may optionally be rendered in the style of that font.
- TFontToolbox - A Toolbox to be used with the TPagebar component which allows full configuration of a TFont object at runtime including font styles, color and typeface.
- TRectangleButton - A simple and lightweight button component based on TRectangle. It is used in the TFillEditor but available for use in your applications.
- TCircleButton - A simple and lightweight button component based on TCircle. It is used in the TBrushEditor but available for use in your applications.
- TToolboxComboBox - A combobox styled to work well with a TToolbox and TPagebar.
- TToolboxSpeedButton - A speedbutton styled to work well with a TToolbox and TPagebar.
- TToolboxFontComboBox - A font slection combobox styled to work well with a TToolbox and TPagebar.
- TToolboxSpinbox - A spinbox styled to work well with a TToolbox and TPagebar.
- TToolboxBrushEditorCombo - A brush editor combobox styled to work well with a TToolbox and TPagebar.
- TToolboxFillEditorCombo - A fill editor combobox styled to work well with a TToolbox and TPagebar.
- TToolboxComboColorBox - A color combobox styled to work well with a TToolbox and TPagebar.
- TClipboard - A cross platform clipboard implementation that makes copy and paste operations extremely simple, even for complex and custom data types.
We've also added two new demos to show off some of our new components and features:
- ApesuiteGridDemo - A basic spreadsheet like application that shows off the TSmartGrid, TFillEditor, TBrushEditor, TFontComboBox, TFontToolbox, TClipboard and several other components.
- ApesuiteClipboardDemo - A very simple application that shows how to use TClipboard to copy and paste URLs and Images between applications.
There were also several bug fixes and minor changes from the prior release. The biggest breaking change that you may encounter is that we have renamed our TFlowLayout component to TFlowedLayout.
For those of you that have been looking for C++Builder support, I'm sorry to say that we did not get as far along that path as we wanted for this release. The components do drop onto C++Builder forms and mostly compile, but there are some oddities in event timings in Firemonkey between C++Builder and Delphi that appear to be causing some AV's and make putting together usable demos for C++Builder fairly difficult. We plan to put significant time into this before Beta 8 to make sure our components work across both equally well. If you have significant C++Builder experience and are willing to come into the beta now, email me and i'll give you a good discount on the product in exchange for some help with our demos.
The Beta 6 update should be making it's way to the inboxes of our current customers any moment now. New customers will also now receive the latest link when they make a purchase from this point forward.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them in the comments here or for current customers, you can use the email support channels as always.
Thanks for supporting our products.
The Apesuite Team at Sivv...