Friday, May 11, 2012 at 11:39AM
We are working hard on finalizing Beta 6 of the Apesuite package for Firemonkey.
As part of this process we'd like to get some early feedback on a few of our new components coming out in Beta 6. The following is a link to a demo download that includes binaries for Windows and OS X. We would appreciate it if you could download it and start playing around with it.
Featured in the demo are the following new components:
- TSmartGrid - A very versatile and flexible spreadsheet style grid component that aims for inline editing, advanced styling with fills and borders, excel-style navigation and selection, low memory footprint (theoretically), importing and exporting of multiple formats and fast (well as fast as Firemonkey will allow, which is still pretty slow at the moment).
- TFontComboBox - A cross platform combo box that lists the fonts available on the system.
- TFontToolbox - A toolbox for our TPageBar component that makes it easy to set all font settings.
- TFillEditor - A panel that provides an editor for a Firemonkey TBrush (Fill, Stroke properties).
The feedback we are most interested in has to do with the SmartGrid navigation, selection, formatting and editing.
- Are there any keybindings that seem to be missing?
- Is there any action that doesn't feel natural or consistent with other sheet type editors (mac or windows)?
- Is there some specific performance bottleneck you are running into?
- Is there a specific feature that you would like to see implemented in this component?
If you could provide feedback to us quickly, that would be great. We're trying to finalize our feature set to iron out as many quirks as possible before beta 6 release. As I said in our recent blog post, we're aiming for beta 6 release this month and would like it to be sooner rather than later. Your help will be crucial to making that happen.
Non-customers can provide feedback in the comments of this blog post and customers can use the official support channels.
Thanks in advance for taking a look.